Swagger Type Provider and sidenote around TPs for F#

Hello Everyone,

i think this type provider and this issue deserve community attention :slight_smile:

i will try to get to know how to develop a very simple test type provider in the meantime, as for know i don’t have enough knowledge to try “fix it” myself :slight_smile: but if anyone can help on that one. this would be great

sidenote

I am pushing very hard to convince my colleagues and my company to use F# and to transition from C# or use side-ways when possible , and this is awesome, the community is full of amazing people and resources. I really love it.

A major barrier for me is showing the usage of type providers (apart from standard ones in FSharp.Data),

I do see that .net/microsoft/xamarin/jetbrains F# communities in general are not really committed to this area, or at least it doesn’t show.

it looks like type providers are way cooler than most people realize. In my view they clearly make F# stand out as a language in a very sharp way.

I see type providers especially useful for enterprise development as well as fast prototyping (and fun),
though many times they do not seem extensively tested or they do not seem a major focus of the language (whereas it might be its winning point in the long run?).

In my view e.g. SQL type providers (both the one with dbcontext and sqlCommandProvider) and OpenApi(Swagger) type provider should be the stallions of F# marketing :smiley: to C# developers. I believe once devs really see them in action, they cannot deny the true infinite F# power :slight_smile: e.g.

Awesome that was fixed already with latest version , :slight_smile:

type provider should be the stallions of F# marketing :smiley: to C# developers. I believe once devs really see them in action, they cannot deny the true infinite F# power

I agree. They’re an excellent way of getting into F# as, even if you aren’t allowed to use F# for production code, you can use them for auxiliary data querying or manipulation tasks. HTML, JSON and CSV tasks, for example.

1 Like