Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- It's Functional February! - YouTube
- Play Audio and Video in .NET MAUI apps with the new MediaElement - .NET Blog (microsoft.com)
Videos and Slides
- Web components and Fable.Lit - YouTube
- Fast F#: Mini Courses Idea - YouTube
- Fast F#: Compiled vs Interpreted - Does it Matter? - YouTube
- Fast F#: Writing a Dictionary Part 9 - Robing Hood Hashing - YouTube
- Fast F#: Intro to Loops! - YouTube
- Fast F#: Turning a While Loop into Recursion - YouTube
- Fast F#: Intro to List and Array Comprehensions - YouTube
- Fast F#: Intro to Defining Sequences - YouTube
- Fast F#: Intro to Sets - YouTube
- ASP.NET Community Standup - Porting your ASP.NET Web Forms application to .NET 7 in minutes - YouTube
- On .NET Live - Develop webhooks locally with tunnels - YouTube
- Episode 49: Cake 🍰 - with Mattias Karlsson // The Unhandled Exception Podcast
- Sustainable Open Source with Sarah Novotny (spreaker.com)
- Top F# Backend Web Frameworks in 2023 - HAMY
- My F# compiler scripts - Florian Verdonck
- How to Send SMS in 30 Seconds with F# (twilio.com) - Niels Swimberghe
- Major compiler slowdown due to changes in .NET GC between .NET 7 preview2 and .NET 7 preview3 · Issue #13730 · dotnet/fsharp · GitHub
- New language suggestions:
- galassie/fs-spectre: 👻💻 Spectre.Console with F# style.
- taidalog/Fermata: F# miscellaneous library
- PragmaticFlow/FSharp.Json.New: F# JSON Reflection based serialization library
- DieselMeister/Terminal.Gui.Elmish: An elmish wrapper around Miguel de Icaza's 'Gui.cs' https://github.com/migueldeicaza/gui.cs including a fable like view DSL.
- yazeedobaid/openai-fsharp: OpenAI - F# - A library that allows you to interact with OpenAI API in an easy, fluent, and typed way!
- davedawkins/Fable.Appwrite: Appwrite bindings for Fable (F#)
- Zaid-Ajaj/Hawaii: dotnet CLI tool to generate type-safe F# and Fable clients from OpenAPI/Swagger or OData services
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
If you want to help keep F# Weekly going, click here to jazz me with Coffee!