Welcome to F# Weekly,
Time flies by (an impressive 11 years already!), and yet, F# Weekly continues to be a steadfast presence, arriving like clockwork.
Thank you to all the loyal readers of F# Weekly, whether you've been with me from the very beginning or joined recently.
Please join this year's #FsAdvent, book a slot, and tell your F# Story!
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# Advent Calendar in English 2023
- F# lectures: Write your own tiny programming system(s)! by Tomas Petricek
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 is around the corner! (Nov 14-17) - Visual Studio Blog
- FSharp.Analyzers.SDK - YouTube
- The Fastest .NET Dictionary… With F# by Matthew Crews - YouTube
- Formatting F# Functions the right way - YouTube
- Akka.NET Community Standup: Oct. 13, 2023 - YouTube
- Correcting Common Async/Await Mistakes in .NET 8 - Brandon Minnick - Copenhagen DevFest 2023 - YouTube
- Rock Your Code: Code & App Performance for Microsoft .NET - David McCarter - Copenhagen DevFest 2023 - YouTube
- Is .NET any good for Audio? - Mark Heath - Copenhagen DevFest 2023 - YouTube
- ASP.NET Basics for Experts - Layla Porter - CPH DevFest 2023 - YouTube
- On .NET Live - Distributed Apps with SignalR in ASP.NET Core - YouTube
- How fast is Apache Pulsar’s client | by Vladimir Shchur | Oct, 2023 | Medium
- An F# Dev's Perspective on Clojure (brettrowberry.com)
- Formatting F# functions the right way - HAMY
- A DevOps Pipeline From Scratch | Compositional IT (compositional-it.com)
- Slides: What's new in F# 8
- F# language suggestion
- Infer latest matching record type for copy-and-update expressions · Issue #1330
- Allow typed bindings in CE `let!`s without parentheses · Issue #1329
- Additional keywords for return & yield : ret & yet · Issue #1328
- on by default warning for partially applied function piped into `ignore` · Issue #1327
- Nested computation expression, call outter context · Issue #1325
- mechsym/FSharp.Data.NpgsqlGenerator: Lightweight F# ORM solution for Postgres. A .NET SDK tool that emits testable F# code with type safety.
- RonaldSchlenker/FSDocsDemo: A repo for demonstrating a minimal FSharp.Formatting use case with GH pages
- FsUnit v5.5.0
- MiniScaffold 0.37.0
- Fable 4.4.1
- MiniScaffold 0.36.1
- FS.FluentUI v1.3.0
- FsToolkit.ErrorHandling is tested with Python
- NBomber 5.3.0
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
If you want to help keep F# Weekly going, click here to jazz me with Coffee!