Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Introducing .NET 5
- Announcing .NET Core 3.0 Preview 5 with F# REPL
- OpenFsharp CFP is open!
- F#/Giraffe server stub generator was added to openapi-generator
- FsToolkit.ErrorHandling now supports TaskResult
- .NET Core is the Future of .NET
- Introducing diagnostics improvements in .NET Core 3.0
- Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 3
- Announcing the general availability of IntelliCode plus a sneak peek
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.1 Preview 1
- Visual Studio Container Tools Extension (Preview) Announcement
- Intelligent Productivity and Collaboration, from Anywhere (VS Online)
- Microsoft launches Visual Studio Online, an online code editor
- Announcing WSL 2
- Introducing GitHub Package Registry
- Announcing ML.NET 1.0
- What is ML.NET 1.0 – Machine Learning for .NET
- Automate model training with the ML.NET CLI
- ML.NET Model Builder (Preview)
Videos & Slides
- .NET language panel: see the faces behind C#, F#, and Visual Basic!
- The Future of C#- Mads Torgersen & Dustin Campbell
- .NET Platform Overview and Roadmap- Scott Hunter & Scott Hanselman
- All Microsoft Build 2019 videos
- Building a Compiler with Immo Landwerth:
- Ionide — Introducing Info Panel- Krzysztof Cieślak
- SQLite Database with Dapper and F#- Logan Mortimer
- Short introduction to Discriminated Unions in F#- Manuel Sidler
- Creating Event-Based Workflows With Azure Durable Functions- Aaron Powell
- .NET Framework Reference Assemblies via NuGet- Stuart Lang
- [WIP, RFC FS-1072] task and state machine support - state machine compilation of tasks now works
- Type classes in C# 9.0 ?! (maybe)
- giraffe-fsharp/Giraffe.AzureFunctions- Routing library for Azure Functions
- hodzanassredin/FsForth- Implementation of forth programming language in fsharp for learning purposes.
- microsoft/Terminal- The new Windows Terminal, and the original Windows console host – all in the same place!
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #18, 2019